Exciting news for the mainframe community! Today marks the official launch of the Planet Mainframe Job Board, an online portal dedicated exclusively to employers and professionals in the mainframe industry. It’s live now at Jobs.PlanetMainframe.com, and it’s more than just a job board—it’s a comprehensive career platform for both job seekers and employers within this specialized tech sector.
Planet Mainframe has long been a trusted name in providing insights, news, and analysis for the mainframe world. Recognizing the need for a niche job board tailored specifically to the needs of the mainframe community, we’re proud to introduce this new resource that’s designed to connect top talent with the best employers.
For Job Seekers
If you’re a professional in the mainframe space or looking to enter this field, the Planet Mainframe Job Board is your go-to destination. It features:
- Job Search & Automation– Find the latest job postings with an intuitive search function. Set up alerts to have new job opportunities sent straight to your inbox.
- Career Advice– Read articles loaded with actionable advice from industry experts to help you navigate your career path.
- Industry Statistics– Stay informed with the latest mainframe industry trends and statistics to aid in your job search and career development.
- Resume Review– Get an edge in the job market with professional resume review services that can polish and perfect your presentation to prospective employers.
Employers will find the Planet Mainframe Job Board equally beneficial. Here’s what’s on offer:
- Job Postings– Post your mainframe-related job openings to a targeted audience.
- Resume Bank Access– Search our growing database of resumes to find the right candidates with the necessary expertise for your mainframe roles.
- Job Promotion– Increase the visibility of your job postings with our promotional tools to reach the most qualified professionals.
To celebrate our launch, we’re offering a special promotion for employers. Use the code “LAUNCH” at checkout to claim a free 30-day job posting. This is our way of saying thank you for placing your trust in us and for being an integral part of the Planet Mainframe community.
Featured Job Postings
Here’s a snapshot of what’s waiting for you on the Planet Mainframe Job Board:
- Staff R&D Engineer Software, Broadcom, Pittsburgh Holiday Drive, Pennsylvania, United States – Broadcom Mainframe Software is adding to the team and looking for experienced candidates with a strength in IBM assembler language. This position is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a z/OS based mainframe product. The developer will perform new feature development, complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks, as well as provide high level analysis related to software design and development.
- Sampling and Test Development Specialist I, Bank of America, Atlanta, Georgia, United States – The Sampling and Test Development Specialist I will gather test scripting or data requirements, working with data partners to ensure appropriate test design or sampling requirements are incorporated in to the Test Plans.This role is responsible for accessing pertinent databases or acquiring raw data from third party sources along with all associated documentation, or for documenting business procedures within testing scripts.
- Applications Support, JPMorgan Chase, Plano, Texas, United States – As an Application Support professional, within Community & Consumer Banking (CCB), your dedication to innovation is essential to what keeps JPMC moving and thriving. In this role, you’ll oversee application issues, including troubleshooting, maintaining, identifying, escalating and resolving. You’ll ensure that the production changes your team makes are made keeping best practices, lifecycle methodology and overall risk top of mind. Partnering with Infrastructure Service Support team members, you’ll dig into root cause analysis, production changes, budgetary, and staffing issues.
To all the mainframe professionals out there, whether you’re starting your career or seeking new opportunities, the Planet Mainframe Job Board is your new home. And to the organizations that power this critical industry, we’re here to connect you with the individuals who can push your operations forward.
Dive into Jobs.PlanetMainframe.com today and discover where the next opportunity will take you in the world of mainframe computing. The future is looking bright, and it’s clear that it runs on mainframe!
Amanda Hendley is the Managing Editor of Planet Mainframe and Co-host of the iTech-Ed Mainframe User Groups. She has always been a part of the technology community having spent eleven years at Technology Association of Georgia and six years at Computer Measurement Group. Amanda is a Georgia Tech graduate and enjoys spending her free time renovating homes and volunteering with SEGSPrescue.org in Atlanta, Georgia.