Mainframe Computer Operator
Location: Montréal, QC
- Must have Mainframe System knowledge, Mainframe Batch scheduling knowledge (OPC, Control-M, CA-7 and ESP).
- Schedule may include nights and weekends & holidays.
- Must have IMS CICS DB2 JES2/3 TSO skills
- Able to perform system IPLs
- Strong experience in 1st level problem determination and reporting
- Understand Problem Management & Change Management requirements
- Escalate tickets as needed and collaborate with teammates to resolve issues.
- Provide assistance to all operations personnel to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team environment.
- Ability to multitask with a high attention to detail.
- Remain current with all procedures and provide input as appropriate.
- Must be able and willing to learn new tasks/skills as required
- Escalate to the assigned client representative and Pomeroy Manager any documentation, process or procedure discrepancies and follow-up until resolved.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in a Data Center Operations environment.
- Must be able to communicate and understand verbal, written and electronic instructions in English and French.
- Moderate to difficult computer skills, experience using Excel and Word is required.
- Ability to use email, communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to follow detailed processes/instructions is required.
- Employee may be requested to assist with individual and shift schedules in accordance with budget guidelines and may be required to work under remote supervision.
- Enjoys Working in a Fast-paced Environment.
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware, Software and Related Services.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Perform additional tasks and/or duties as assigned by management