z/OS Systems Specialist
Location: Toronto, ON
Type: Full Time
- Provides mainframe system software support for system products to enable the availability of core business capabilities
- Implements software solutions and resolves incidents/problems to support decreased time to market for systems and availability of core business capabilities
- Provides strategic thinking, technical expertise, adaptability, and strong communication skills
- Provides production support services, as well as application subject matter expertise knowledge for projects impacting the legacy applications.
- Performs necessary ITIL or service management duties (change, release, incidents, problems, etc.).
- Build new and/or modify existing software to meet business and systems requirements through software component designing, coding, testing, and quality review
- Develop technical specifications
- Implement software solutions and resolve problems
- Provide system software support for applications and components
- Perform trace/dump analysis as required
- Possess expert Technical knowledge and skills specific to core supported system components: z/OS, JCL, CICS, DB2, Websphere, Midtier etc
- Expert knowledge of Mainframe Tools and Utilities:, Omegamon, Netview, VSAM, GTF Trace and various automation applications etc